Saturday, April 7, 2012

"The Good Old Days"

I have always been a history buff. In high school I took every history class available. I also think that is why I have always been drawn to emergency services. Tonight I got to spend sometime listening to some "old heads" relive some of their glory days. They told of big fires and major car crashes. They spun yarns to made the rookie in me eyes light up with excitement. Even after 18 years of doing emergency work I still love to hear a good story. Even better were their stories of past coworkers. These guys were more than just worker on a job, they were friends. You could tell by their stories. Not the stories of the "big one", but the stories of cooking dinner. Helping them move. Stories of weddings and family trips to the beach. Later I reflected on my own time and my memories of my coworkers and how I hope that one day I would e remembered in such a manor as a witnessed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment